This tutorial will show you how to create a Facebook page for your business. This is a new account from scratch and not attached to a Facebook personal page. In my example I will be creating a business page for a local bar.
The same steps will apply to any type of business you wish to create.
How To Create A Facebook Page For Your Business – Step 1
- In your web browser go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
Choose Which Type Of Page You Will Create ?
- Local business or place
- Company, organisation or institution
- Brand or product
- Artist, band or public figure
- Cause or community
Fill in your business details (all fields must be completed before your can create a page) and “Agree” to Facebook Pages terms. With all details filled in click on the “Get Started” button.
The next window below (pop-up) will ask you to fill in the anti-spam text box. (copy the text letters in the image to the text box provided)
How To Create A Facebook Page For Your Business – Step 2
Creating a Facebook Account
- I am using the I do not have a Facebook account option.
- Enter your email address (you will be sent an email to this address to verify your account)
Create a Strong Password
As you create your password, remember the following:
- It should not contain your name.
- It should not contain a common dictionary word.
- It should contain one or more numbers.
- It should have both upper and lower case characters.
- It should be over 8 characters long.
- It must be different from your old passwords.
Please enter your own date of birth
Why is this required?
We require your date of birth because we need to ensure that you are old enough to legally maintain this account. This is for security reasons only. Your date of birth will not be displayed anywhere on this account.
- Click on the “Sign up now!” button.
How To Create A Facebook Page For Your Business – Step 3
- The following info is displayed. Please login to your email account to access the confirmation link to verify your account
- Sample confirmation email you will receive. Click on the link to confirm your registration.
How To Create A Facebook Page For Your Business – Step 4
The Final Result – How To Create A Facebook Page For Your Business
Things To Do:
- Upload an image such as a logo or any image that represents your business
- Post a Status Update (message) this will inform your visitors of your latest news etc. it will appear on your Wall (default page for visitors)
- Add a “Like” box to your website (optional)
- Set up your mobile phone (optional)
Here’s a quick video no How To Create A Facebook Page For Your Business:
This is just a simple example of how to create a Facebook page for your business.